- Start a list. Write ‘choose pages to read’ at the top.
- Remind yourself they are to be read out loud, not in your head.
- Shave your legs.
- Glance at your list but decide you should choose your outfit instead.
- Create an online vote for which dress to wear. (White is in the lead!)
- Start a blog post about how to prepare for a book reading.
- Accept a substitute teaching job, thinking you can select your passages to read during the time that the students are working before realizing that you are covering Gym classes and will be supervising dodge ball. (Yes, they still play dodge ball.)
- Decide to bring a snack for your guests at the bookstore for your reading.
- Create an online vote for which snack to bring. (The jury is still out.)
- Go to the store for ingredients for both snack options.
- Paint your fingernails.
- Catch up on Homeland.
- Glance at your list.
- Go for a long walk with your dog.
- Remind yourself that it’s your friends who are showing up and that it’s all going to be fine.
Tuesday night April 10th the Raven Book Store at 7PM. I’ll be there wearing a white dress and reading some of my written words. Hope to see you friends!
6 Comments Add yours
Soooo relatable!!! 😂
I’m glad its not just me!
At least your legs will be shaved. That’s a pretty big deal, considering it snowed two days ago.
You’ll be great!
Right? Thank you Amy – see you soon!
Molly, you’re adorable. Wouldn’t matter what you wore, what you read, how distracted you could make yourself, your smile would be all we’d notice!
Thank you friend! 👏🏻